Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Common Causes of Bike Accidents
Roadways are becoming increasingly congested with daily traffic and an influx of people moving to the area. Because of this, many people are opting for alternative modes of transportation, such as bicycles. While this is undoubtedly a smart move for the environment and many people’s sanity, it does not come without its dangers. We have seen the number of bicycle, auto, and pedestrian accidents increase in recent years, which has left thousands of people with injuries and loss of life.
There are numerous reasons why bicycle accidents take place, including:
- Failure to yield to the right of way of pedestrians
- Failure to stop at a traffic signal or stop sign
- Failure to stop when a school bus arm was extended
- Failure of the car driver to yield to the right of way to cyclists
- Traffic congestion
- Reckless driver
- Driver distraction
- Failure to look in all mirrors and see a cyclist
- Drunk driving
These are just a handful of the most common causes of bike accidents in Collin County. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bike accident involving a motorist, other cyclist, or pedestrian, please contact the personal injury attorneys at Wormington & Bollinger today.